Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Those French Chococerise Cookies

Remember my favorite cookies in Paris? Wellll, I brought a box home with me, of course, and have been saving it—I guess for it to “grab” me like the box did every night in Paris. And, sad to say, I could eat the whole box without a second thought while I was there.

I finally opened the box this past weekend to share with my daughter while we chatted (Karlee was in bed). And guess what? They didn’t taste as good as they did in Paris; so I only ate one. I am trying to figure out why… Maybe because I am now sitting in an air-conditioned condo while outside temperatures are already in the 80s instead of in a chilly Paris studio apartment where the outside temps were between 30-50 degrees and I was drinking tea? I don’t want hot tea during Houston evenings. Hmmm, maybe we should’ve eaten them while drinking wine? Yes, definitely better with wine...

The three of us had a wonderful four days visiting and being Texas tourists: the beach and Moody Gardens’ Rain Forest and river boat ride in Galveston, the Houston Zoo, three Houston parks, Galleria shopping, etc. In six weeks, I’ll be in Los Angeles near Karlee’s third birthday. The rumor is that we’re returning to Disneyland while I’m there. Lots of fun!