Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another Look at the Pompidou Center

I blogged about the Pompidou Center on 1/22/07; and although I walked by it at least once or twice a week, I never did return for another visit (my first and only visit was on my first trip to Paris in 1993). I took this picture the week before I left. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the windows of the building across the street reflected the colors of the museum.

The Pompidou celebrates its 30th anniversary this year; 180 million people have visited since it opened. According to recent announcements regarding the anniversary, they have re-hung the permanent collection of art chronologically, with separate rooms focusing on a single artist, art publication, gallery, movement, or event. And the Pompidou is having “babies:” a new branch is now being built in Metz, France, and one in Shanghai, China is in the planning stages.